6.29.2009

All In A Good Day's Play.





I've decided to begin a new weekly installment called, "All In A Good Day's Play" where I will chronicle, once a week, our day in snapshots! Enjoy! Here's the first edition . . . it will go something like this . . .

Our day in snapshots:
  • 11:30 a.m.--Noah's menu for today, pre-pureed.
  • 2:00 p.m.--Post afternoon nap failed photo attempt at Mama trying to get a good pic of that blasted first pearly white.
  • 5:00 p.m.--Swinging in the park after "Story and Songtime Summer Mondays" at the library.
  • 6:00 p.m.--Toes apparently taste better then carrots at dinnertime.
  • 6:15 p.m.--What's left of dinner. Our sake cups make excellent feeding cups!
  • 6:30 p.m.--Teething on a carrot and getting undressed for bath time giggles.

(3:59 pm: Too bad I don't have a snapshot of this part of our day, but it's too good to be left out even without the pic.

Noah and I were stroller racing down the sidewalk headed to the library for "Story and Songtime Summer Mondays"--of course we were running a wee bit late and wanted to make it in time for the opening tune. When, all of a sudden, a section of sidewalk missing concrete sent the buggy flipping over frontwards with me flipping over the top of it before rolling off sideways splayed on the ground with the front of my shirt above my head.

Okay. I can laugh about how funny this was now. As a matter of fact, the mom who was behind me with her little tot Liam is probably at home recounting the spoof at the dinner table as we speak. As a further matter of fact, after she picked up the carnage and ensured we were okay, she went on raving for the better part of storytime about how we should sue the city. But, I was terrified at the time. Had my little Noey Finn not been strapped in, and perhaps, had I not had the footrest propped all the way up for him to kick his feet against, he could have eaten the sidewalk in a much worse fashion than I. But since he came away from it all completely unscathed, now, I can allow myself to chuckle.

Damn L.A.! When are they going to get out of constant budget crisis long enough to repair our ailing streets and sidewalks!?)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks for the blog comment! Whoa--crazy/scary sidewalk incident...I got very lax about buckling my babes in their strollers as they got older. Glad we didn't hit any sidewalk traps (we don't actually have any sidewalks, but that's another story).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin