7.01.2009

The Swiffer Scare: Post #2.

In response to my first Swiffer post entitled "The Swiffer Scare", I received several helpful comments from loyal readers, as well as, an e-mail from an Account Executive that works with the Swiffer brand! Yes, that's right, an Account Exec.!

It's interesting how fast "she/they" found my blog posting and responded--talk about working the offense. Though we still will probably switch to a more natural cleaner (with Noah getting ready to crawl, we were thinking of it before this all began), I am impressed with their proactivity (product protection?) and would consider using Swiffer in a pinch after he begins walking.

I felt that it was only fair to post her e-mail below--to balance the scales of argument--and let you all decide for yourselves.

Happy Cleaning!

----------------

"Hi Dean & Joni,

I work with the Swiffer brand and in reading your blog post yesterday about the Swiffer WetJet Rumor, we wanted to share some updated information.

The Swiffer WetJet system and other Swiffer product ingredients are safe to use around pets. The safety of these products, when used in accordance with label instructions, has been confirmed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), independent veterinarians and veterinary scientists.

Independent veterinarians and scientists evaluated the Swiffer WetJet and Swiffer Sweeper Wet Cloths cleaners and found them safe. In fact, Swiffer products have been safely used in over 15 million U.S. homes--many with pets--for nearly five years. The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) has even posted information about the safety of Swiffer products on their site (www.aspca.org).

If you have additional questions about the rumor, please feel free to reach me directly and I'd be happy to share more information.

All the best,
Chelsea

Chelsea Moreno
Account Executive | MS&L
Global Consumer Marketing
1675 Broadway, Fl 10; New York, NY 10019
O: 212.468.3367 | F: 212.468.3031
E: chelsea.moreno@mslworldwide.com | W: www.mslworldwide.com"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I read your Swiffer Scare posting with amusement as I've been of one Swiffer mofo for over a year. Mo'esh, Jackster & Fluffy have not experienced any ill effects (who knows about Jack) and I wet Swiffer the bejesus out of the kitchen & dining room floor. When I read the posting, I cut & pasted Swiffer Scare into Google and your posting from your blog was second from the top of the results page! Companies (ourselves included) spend thousands of dollars a year for that kind of page rank positioning ! ! ! So it's no wonder that a Swiffer representative (I'm sure scourers the net daily for 'Swiffer Scares') sent you a response regarding your concerns.

You will have to pry my dead fingers away from my Swiffer Sweeper

luv

dad

m a m a :: m i l i e u said...

Lol! Dad, you are too funny! Don't worry . . . if I find that there are indeed any harmful chemicals in Swiffer fluid, I will not burst your mopping bubble. . . mop on brother . . . xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin